The time to develop emergency plan is prior to a disaster. Being prepared will help keep you and your loved ones safe and establish a reliable network of support during a crisis.
- Know your risks:
- What is your Storm Surge/Evacuation Zone?
- Are you in a flood zone?
- Do you live in a mobile or manufactured home?
- What year was your house built?
- Does your house have storm shutters?
- Prepare evacuation or sheltering options.
- Prepare an Emergency Supply Kit before the start of hurricane season.
- The Family Emergency Plan is a great tool to help you create a plan that is specific to your family's needs. Find it on our website www.LeeEOC.com.
- Secure items in and around your home before tropical storm force winds arrive.
- Practice as many elements of your plan as possible.
Pass it on
- Be sure all family members know who to call or where to gather if you become separated.
- Let family and friends in other locations know your evacuation plans.