​Park FAQ

Do any of your park facilities offer Wi-Fi?
Yes.  These parks have wi-fi:
Lakes Regional Park

Estero Community Park
Veterans Community Park
Terry Park

What county parks have pavilions that can be reserved?
Lakes Regional Park
Estero Community Park
Veterans Community Park
Caloosahatchee Regional Park
Matlacha Community Park
Manatee Park

Do any of your facilities offer a winter camp for children during winter break?
No. Lee County Parks & Recreation offers Spring Break Camp and Summer Camp. We also offer Fun Days during the school year on days when school is not in session.

Are pets including dogs allowed in all county parks?
No. The county has designated facilities that are for pet use. View list of dog-friendly facilities.

How much time does it take to walk the boardwalk trail at Six Mile Slough Preserve?
About 90 mins. The boardwalk trail is 1.2 miles long. The length of time it takes to complete the trail depends on the individual. Guided walks usually take 90 minutes. 

When will we see Manatees at Manatee Park?
They usually migrate to the park when the Gulf temperature drops below 68 degrees. You can call Manatee Park at 239-690-5030 and select extension 3 for the manatee update line. 

Are gas grills or turkey fryers allowed at Lakes Park?
Yes, No. Gas grills are allowed. Turkey fryers are not. ​

Parking FAQ

Where can we purchase parking stickers?
Parking stickers can be purchased online or at the following locations:
Terry Park
Estero Recreation Center
Veterans Recreation Center
North Fort Myers Recreation Center
Wa-Ke Hatchee Recreation Center
Matlacha Community Center 

Can I purchase a seasonal parking sticker?
No. The Lee County parking sticker is an annual pass.  Whatever month it is purchased, it will be valid until the end of the same month the following year for a fee of $60.

Is there a fee to replace a parking sticker if it is lost, stolen, mutilated or I get a new tag or new vehicle?
Yes. There is a $5 replacement fee for new tag , new vehicle, lost, stolen or mutilated parking stickers as long as your current sticker is still valid. 

If I have a handicap placard do I still have to pay for parking?
Yes. You are only exempt from paying the parking fee if your vehicle displays a disabled veterans license plate, if your vehicle has mechanical modifications specifically for accommodating a disabled driver or passenger, or if you have a Florida Toll Exemption Permit. 

Can I park my vehicle for longer than 72 hours at Punta Rassa Boat Ramp?
Yes, but prior permission from the facility supervisor is required.

I have a vehicle trailer combination and there are no spaces left for it at the boat ramp, but there are spaces for single vehicles. Can I unhook and put one in each space?
No. Trailers must remain connected to the tow vehicle.

Sports FAQ

What youth sports do you have and how do I sign my child up?
Various youth sport organizations use our park facilities. They include Little League, AAU baseball, Pop Warner Football, and youth soccer. All youth leagues run independently of Lee County, and the respective leagues handle registration. Please contact your local league for individual details. Contact the supervisor at the park you are interested in using, and they can provide the current youth sport contacts. View Youth Sports Contacts.

Do you have any leagues for adult sports?
No.  Lee County does not have any of its own leagues. You can contact the YMCA at 239-275-9622 if interested in softball or flag football.

Beach Park FAQ

Do you allow weddings on the beach?
Yes. As long as you follow the park rules and regulations. See Parks Ordinance 06-26.

Is a permit required or is there a fee to have a wedding on the beach?
No. Wedding and small event permits are not required at any Lee County Beach Park. Parking fees are required for all vehicles. All parks are open for public use and accessibility unless defined otherwise by the Director.

Is there a limit to the size of our group?
Yes. All areas are open to the public, and group size should not impede on other park visitors.

What hours are beach parks open?
Most Lee County Beach Park hours are from 7 a.m. to dusk.

May we set up chairs, tents and such on the beach?
Yes. Chairs are ok and up to a 10-foot by 10-foot tent is allowed, if it can be easily and promptly removed. Nothing can be tied or anchored to our vegetation or structures.

May we use candles or tiki torches, rose petals or toss rice?
No.  Candles or torches of any type are not allowed. In an effort to protect our fragile coastal environment and ecosystem, foreign objects are forbidden such as petals, rice, etc. 

Are DJ and music permitted?
Yes, with limitations.  Small single speaker stereo or acoustic guitar music is permitted. No public announcement systems or loud music that could impede on other park visitors is allowed.

Will there be people on the beach during our wedding?
Yes. All beaches are open to the public. You may have beachgoers watching, but most do from afar.

What should I do in case it rains or the weather is bad?
You should have a backup plan in place.

If I am from out of state, do I need a Florida Marriage License to get married?
Yes.  For more marriage license information, visit the Lee County Clerk of Court .

Do you have areas that we may reserve such as shelters, pavilions or picnic areas?
No.  All of our beach park locations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking and specific space is never guaranteed.

Is food and drink allowed on the beach?
Yes. You may bring in food and non-alcoholic beverages. You may not have any type of alcohol in Lee County parks. No glass is permitted. At certain parks, catering companies may have limited access. This can be discussed with the site supervisor.

What type of parking is available at the beach parks?
Limited parking is available and is different at each park. It is all on a first-come, first-served basis, and there is an hourly fee for parking. Fees are $2 per hour per vehicle. 

Does Lee County have any accessible beach wheelchairs?
Lee County Parks & Recreation does not have any accessible beach wheelchairs, but we can refer you to various agencies and locations to get them:

  1. Lover's Key provides them for their beach only, free of charge: 239-463-4588.
  2. Sanibel Island Police Department will make arrangements to have an accessible Beach wheelchair at any of their beach locations: 239-472-3111. Billy's Bike Rental on Sanibel Island also provides them.
  3. Fun Rental on Fort Myers Beach rents them out: 239-463-8844.
  4. Scooters Plus downtown Fort Myers: 239-337-1773.

Where can you take your dog to the beach?
Dog Beach is located off State Road 865, south of Lovers Key State Park. View other dog-friendly facilities.

Are you allowed to camp on Lee County beaches?
No. The only camping facility is Caloosahatchee Regional Park.

Contact FAQ

What is the phone number to Cape Coral Parks & Recreation?
What is the phone number to Fort Myers Parks & Recreation?
What is the phone number to the Franklin Locks?
 What is the phone number to Florida State Parks?