The Lee County Library System consists of:
Resident Library Cards
Library cards are issued free of charge to individuals who:
- Show proof of residency in Lee County
- Are employed in Lee County
- Own property or a business in Lee County
- Are students in Lee County.
Nonresident library Cards
Nonresidents must show identification and apply for a card in person. Library card applications cannot be submitted by fax or through the mail. Two types of cards are available; non-residents may obtain a library card for a fee:
- Visitor Card — $15 for three months; $5 a month for additional consecutive months
- Non-Resident Card — $60 for 12 months
The following services are offered at no charge to library cardholders:
- Internet access via library computers
- Wireless Internet Access
- Enrichment programs for all ages
Items Patrons Can Check Out
Check out limit = 50 items per library card.
Regardless of where books are borrowed, they may be returned at any Lee County library System location.
After-hours bookdrops are provided at most locations.
Search for any of these items
in the online catalog:
- Most books check out for four weeks, and most can be renewed for four additional weeks, unless the item is reserved for another library patron
- "Most Wanted" and high demand books, such as best-sellers, check out for two weeks, and they may not be renewed
- Books that the system does not own can often be borrowed through Interlibrary Loan for two weeks.
Books on CD
- Check out for two weeks and may be renewed for two additional weeks. Two renewals permitted
- Check out limit = seven per library card
- Check out for one week
- Renewable for one additional week, unless the item is "Most Wanted" or reserved for another library patron. Two renewals permitted
Playaways (recorded book format)
- Check out for four weeks
- Renewable for four additional weeks, unless the item is reserved for another library patron
- You will need a AAA battery and earbuds to use a Playaway
Book Discussion Kits
- Check out limit = one per library card
- Check out for six weeks, and may not be renewed
- A variety of vendors provide digital content. Holds and checkouts work independently and differently than physical materials.
Additional Library Services
E-Sources - We subscribe to numerous subscription databases, for which access is restricted to Lee County Library System cardholders. Electronic Resources are a searchable collection of regularly updated databases and articles available online. The databases contain scholarly journal, magazine and newspaper articles; e-books; primary sources; encyclopedia and dictionary entries; excerpts from books; book reviews; reports; business data; demographics and market information.
Learn a Language - A collection of online tools, recordings and learning systems for common languages such as Spanish, French and German, as well as many other languages.
Placing Holds On Materials
- Holds may be placed for items that are in use or on order.
- Place holds via
the online catalog or at a computer catalog in the library.
- Patrons may ask staff to place up to four holds at a time. Visit the library or call Telephone Reference at
239-479-INFO (4636), and be prepared to provide a library card number.
- Patrons may ask to have requested holds sent to any library location.
- Patrons are notified when the items become available and have five days to pick them up.
- Hold items may only be checked out on the library card that was used to place the hold.
- Many items may be renewed, if there are no holds on the items.
- Renew online or call Telephone Reference at 239-479-INFO (4636) and have your library card ready.
- Items may be returned to any Lee County library System location.
Overdue Charges and Other Fees
- Overdue charges: 20 cents per day, to a maximum of $6 for most items
- Lost or damaged items: Subject to a replacement fee
- Materials Recovery Fee: Up to $13
- Visitor library Card: $15 for three months; $5 a month for additional consecutive months
- Annual Nonresident library Card: $60 for 12 months
- Patrons may access their Lee County library System accounts online, 24 hours a day, with a library card number and Password/PIN.
- Check on any overdue materials or overdue charges.
- For automated access to a library card account, call 239-485-8585
login to your account
- The required Password/PIN is usually the last four digits of a patron's telephone number.
- Patrons may also call Telephone Reference for account information at 239-479-INFO (4636). Please have
library card information ready.
- Find out, via email, if any reserved items are available. To start this service:
- Ask at a favorite or nearest library location.
Log into your account
- Call 239-479-INFO (4636) and provide a name, library card number and current email address. Make sure to set any spam-blocking software to accept email from email@example.com. The subject line will be “library Notice.”
For the comfort and safety of all library patrons, all library users must adhere to
the policies of the library system. The spirit of these policies is to ensure a pleasant environment for everyone who is using the library.
Need Help Finding Answers to Your Questions? Ask anytime!
- Visit any location and ask staff for assistance.
Ask a Librarian
- Call Telephone Reference at 239-479-INFO (4636).