COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT REQUIREMENTS FOR SIGN PERMITS
NOTE: Effective March 15, 2012 all building permit applications must comply with the
2010 Florida Building Code.
For additional details about the new code, go to www.floridabuilding.org.
Click here for a printable version of the Sign Permit Application.
Copy of Certificate of Occupancy, Building Permit (for new construction) or interior remodel permit with the same name and address as the sign copy. If none of the above; a sign affidavit must be signed.
- Three (3) sets of the following information:
- SITE PLAN
- Road frontage of property in lineal feet
- Ground sign location
- Setbacks from road Right-of Way
- Side setbacks
- Building location
- GROUND SIGNS
- Dimensions of the structure (and the dimensions of the text area if it is a monument sign)
- Sign Copy
- Engineering (if over 20' high or 40' sq.) indicating wind load calculations to meet 160 MPH (Captiva 170 MPH) winds
- Construction material & attachment details
- Licensed Contractor needed for signs over 32 square feet or 10' high
- Explanation of how the sign will be illuminated
- WALL SIGNS
- Wall elevations with dimensions of the wall below the roof line
- Sign location on wall with sign dimensions measured to the highest widest point of the sign
- Sign copy
- Attachment details
*****Wall signs must be pulled by a licensed contractor unless painted on wall, OR if it is foam, wood or plastic letters OR if it is wood, metal or plastic panel.*****
- ELECTRIC SIGNS
- The UL number
- Electrical detail
If the source of electric is not existing, an electric permit will be required.
******If the sign includes NEON, a separate electric permit is required. If the sign installer holds an SE license, he may pull the electric permit for the connection of the sign.******
||Change of Contractor
||$75 min./$0.50 psf|