Residential Permit Application Requirements
Click here for a printable version of the Residential Permit Application Requirements.
- Completed Application (get the application here)
- Property owner's name
- STRAP Number (17 digit number found on tax bill, available from the Lee County Property Appraisers Website or at 239-533-6150)
- Site address
- Directions to job from downtown Fort Myers
- Contractor information (Name, License Number, Address, Phone & Fax Number
- Electrical amps, Roof type, HVAC SEER rating KW’s & tonage and Hurricane Protection
- Plot/Site Plan
Three (3) copies of a plot/site plan drawn to scale (1/8" = 1' minimum). The scale and north arrow must be indicated. The following items must be on your plot/site plan:
- All four lot corners, lot lines and dimensions.
- Location and name of streets or drives bordering the lot.
- If there is a water body within 25 feet of your project, indicate the mean high tide line or the edge of water and label the type of water body (for example: lake, creek, canal, river, Gulf).
- The size of the existing and proposed building(s); the location of driveways; and the location of all easements on the lot.
- Setbacks of the buildings (and any proposed additions thereto) from the four lot lines and other existing structures. Setbacks must be taken from the closest point of the building to the closest point of the property line.
- The plans must show the roof line as well as the foundation. Roof lines may not encroach into or over easements.
3. COASTAL ZONE
- If the property is located within a coastal zone area, a certified sealed survey indicating both Coastal Construction Zone lines, the Flood Zone requirement for the zone, and existing elevation of grade must be submitted with the application.
- If the property is located on a BARRIER ISLAND, i.e. CAPTIVA, UPPER CAPTIVA, BOCA GRANDE, BONITA GULF FRONT property, etc., the construction drawings must be sealed by a registered Florida architect or engineer and the certified survey must address the COASTAL CONSTRUCTION ZONE in addition to flood zone.
- A certified elevation certificate will be required indicating the NAVD elevation prior to tie beam inspection on CBS structures or framing inspection on wood structures.