List of Required Documents for
Final Plat Review & Approval
Adopted Nov. 22, 2005; Amended Sept. 29, 2009
The following items must be submitted for final plat review and approval. (Applicants are advised to delay preparation of mylars until final plat approval is issued.)
- Two sets of paper prints (one 24" x 36" and one 11" x 17").
- Title certification meeting the requirements of Section H.
- Draft or executed consent and joinder documents, unless the consent is on the face of the plat.
- A validated tax receipt showing that taxes are paid on the lands to be platted consistent with Florida Statutes Section 197.333 including a list of relevant STRAP #’s with G.I.S. base map depicting same.
- Road name approval letters.
- A list of lot and tract sizes in square feet, if not shown on the plat.
- Assurance of completion (letter of credit, bond, or escrow account) approval or a certificate of compliance for all subdivision improvements and survey monumentation.
- A valid Certificate of Concurrency and a copy of the approved development order, along with any stipulations.
- Letters of review from all applicable utility service providers.
- A written statement from the development services reviewer indicating the proposed plat complies with the approved development order supporting the plat. This review includes zoning compliance.
Plat Acceptance and
- Final plat approval memorandum from
the County Attorney’s office.
- One (1) set of original
mylar drawings with original signatures and seals.
- A title certification updated through 5 p.m. on
the date established by the County Attorney memorandum.
- Recording fees as
follows:(Checks payable to Clerk of Court)
- One set of mylars
at $30 for the first sheet and $15 for each additional sheet.
- Recording fees for
any additional consents and joinders ($10 for the first sheet, $8.50 per each
attachment such as exhibits, etc.).
- All signatures must be signed with black permanent
- Impression seals must be raised and
- Ink print seals must be permanent
black waterproof ink and clearly readable.
- All seals for surveyors, notaries,
banks, corporations, etc., must be placed within the sheet margins established
for the plat. Seals must appear on the same page as the signature to which it
- County Routing Order:
- County Professional Surveyor and
- Director of Division of Development
- Director of Community Development
- County Attorney's Office
- Chairman of the Board of County
- Clerk of Court
Email questions to Development Services or call 239-533-8585.