Required for New Construction, Additions and Remodeling
SITE PLAN (FOUR COPIES) - to identify location of building including, but not limited to, FBC[A]107.2.5 Site Plan.
(FOUR COLLATED SETS) - Plans that are prepared by a Florida registered architect or engineer shall be prepared in compliance with required wind loads and must contain a statement on the plan that the building/structure has been designed according to the current Florida Building Code
. The following information related to wind loads shall be shown on the construction drawings:
- Ultimate design wind speed and nominal design wind speed
- Risk category
- Wind exposure
- Classification of the applicable enclosure (internal pressure coefficient)
- Design wind pressure to be used for exterior components and cladding
- Geotechnical information
If the construction is located in a coastal area specific to the limitations under The Lee County Land Development Code, Chapter 14, Article II, Division 2, Sea Turtles; also Chapter 6, Article III Coastal Construction Code, and Article IV Flood Hazard Reduction, the architect or engineer shall provide a statement of compliance with those applicable code sections.
Manufacturer's name and model number with Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and product approval number from Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulations is required for windows, doors, garage doors, shutters, overhead doors, pre-engineered soffit, panel walls, roofing, skylights, structural components, pre-engineered roof access hatches, EFIS, etc., per State of Florida Administrative Code 61G20-3
Identify on plans if building has an automatic sprinkler system (NFPA 13 or 13R or 13D or Non-Sprinklered). When applicable (out of a fire district requirement for the type of construction, or provision of a Development Order) note compliance for automatic fire sprinklers. Plans must show compliance with State of Florida Administrative Code 61G15-32
If structure is a Modular Building four (4) sets of Department of Economic Opportunity approved plans and a valid approval letter.
- Four (4) sets of signed, dated and sealed foundation plans.
- Four (4) sets of construction details for the handicap ramp and or stairs.
- If plans are intended to be mastered, the engineer or architect shall indicate by a sealed letter or statement on the plans that he approves of the repetitive use of the plans for permitting or, if a case by case approval (by letter from the architect or engineer) specific to each application is required for permitting. Master Plans Submittal Application
ENERGY CALCULATIONS (Four Copies) - Designed to the current Florida Building Code and signed, dated and sealed by Florida registered architect or engineer.
WELLS - If a WELL is to be used, a copy of the well permit must be submitted at time of application. A final well inspection must be obtained prior to Certificate of Occupancy. If the well is existing, a letter from Natural Resources is required at time of application. Natural Resources is located at 1500 Monroe St., Ft. Myers, FL. 33901; Phone: (239) 533-8114
SEPTIC PERMIT - If construction is serviced by a septic system, a copy of the septic permit and perc test must be submitted at time of application. A final septic inspection is required prior to Certificate of Occupancy. If the septic is existing, a letter from the Health Department is required stating approval for new structure at time of submittal. Health Department is located at 2295 Victoria Ave., Ft. Myers, FL. 33901; Phone: (239-690-2100)
APPROVAL FROM DBPR
- If a project deals with food, your project must be approved by the Department of Business & Professional Regulations (DBPR) Hotels and Restaurants. For more information, please visit DBPR Online Services
. A final health inspection is required prior to Certificate of Occupancy. Our plans for construction do not require any approvals from their division.
- could be required for gas, fire alarms, monitors, sprinkler systems, refrigeration, hoods, suppression, underground tanks and others. The permits require a separate application
to be submitted.
- A Vegetation Permit
may be required before Building Permit issuance (if required by Development Review.)
NOTICE OF COMMENCEMENT (NOC)
- If construction value is $2,500 or more, a Notice of Commencement
is required and will need to be recorded with the Lee County Clerk of Court prior to issuance of the building permit. (Lee County Clerk of Court phone number is 239-533-5000.)
PERMISSION LETTER - If work to be performed is under $2,500, a letter from the owner of the property (not the tenant) giving permission for work to be performed is required at time of issuance of permit.
PLAN REVIEW FEES – are based on square footage.
Initial Plan Review Fees when making application:
$.10 psf/$200 Minimum
ZONING REVIEW FEES (if not associated with a Development Order) - $75.00
FEES AND ADDITIONAL PERMITS THAT MAY BE REQUIRED - Depending on your scope of work, additional sub-permits maybe required:
- New Commercial, Additions, Remodels $.30 / $300 min.
- Plumbing permit $.03 / $100 min.
- Electric permit $.20amp / $75 min.
- HVAC permit $.03 / $100 min.
- Duct Work Only permit $75
- Roof permit $200
- Each permit is charged an Administration fee of 1.5% of the permit fee, minimum of $2
- Each permit is charged a Radon fee of 1% of the permit fee, minimum of $2
- Review Community Development Fees
Get in-depth information on the details and specifications required on all plans.