David M. Loveland, AICP, Director
Covid-19 Service Updates
The health and safety of our community members are of the utmost importance to Lee County Government. All service updates are made in alignment with the State Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control's recommendation for social distancing.
- Public Works lobby is closed to the public as of Monday March 23
- Building inspections will continue but staff will not conduct physical inspections of occupied structures; protocols are in place to handle them remotely.
- Special Event permits for public gatherings of greater than 1,000 people that require County approval will not be issued for the next 30 days.
- Events using County property willl not be permitted for the next 30 days.
- Building permits are not currently impacted.
Impact Fee Updates effective March 9, 2020
Lee County Community Development oversees planning, zoning, development and building services, environmental review, building inspections, and code enforcement for the unincorporated areas of Lee County. Please contact the incorporated areas of Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, Estero, Fort Myers, Fort Myers Beach and Sanibel for similar services within those jurisdictions.
Community Development administers:
The Lee Plan — The comprehensive plan for growth in unincorporated Lee County through 2035
The Lee County Land Development Code — The regulations which implement the Lee Plan and other ordinances adopted by the Board of County Commissioners
Construction Review — Approvals and permits for all zoning, site development and building construction
Code Enforcement — Enforcement of the Land Development Code and other County ordinances regarding land use and construction standards
Flood Insurance Rate Maps — Verification of Flood Insurance Rate Map information for parcels