Preserves in this category provide easy access, designated parking areas, and other amenities. Grant funding was used to fund capital improvements. Additional resource-based, recreational activities will be offered once a Land Management Plan has determined which uses will be compatible with protecting the animal and plant communities found at the specific preserve.
- A paved parking area, with marked spaces are provided.
- Restrooms, trash cans and bike racks are available
- ADA accessible areas
- A designated trail system including boardwalks and overlooks, picnic areas, and interpretive signs.
- Will be open to the public during daytime hours, with the exception of when certain land management activities are ongoing or there is a safety concern
- Designated trail system (see maps).
Current Primary Use Preserves:
Caloosahatchee Creeks, Galt, Prairie Pines, San Carlos Bay-Bunche Beach*, Wild Turkey Strand
*Not entirely purchased and/or managed with Conservation 20/20 funds.
(Existing facilities/amenities are primarily built on non-Conservation 20/20 parcels.)
Planned to become a Primary Use Preserve: West Marsh