We appreciate the dedication and commitment required by volunteers. Our Volunteer Staff program seeks individuals interested in a long-term commitment to volunteering. We offer many different volunteer opportunities. (The volunteer program is not available to satisfy school or court-ordered community service.) If you are interested in finding out more about becoming a member of our Volunteer Staff, please complete the online application below. If you have any questions please contact Karen @ KFordiani@leegov.com.
- High school diploma or GED, and pass a criminal background screening (requires Social Security number).
- Ability to make a long-term commitment to volunteering (at least 6 months) and a minimum of 16 hours per month during shelter hours. For those who can only volunteer on Saturdays, a minimum of two Saturdays per month is required. The kennels are open Monday through Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Be able to commit to a regular schedule.
- Complete orientation and ongoing training over a period of weeks for applicable positions.
- Comply with all required shelter policies and procedures and support shelter staff.
We value our Volunteer Staff and are excited to share ways that you can make a difference, one pet at a time.